The National Disability Insurance Scheme - General Information
General Information about the NDIS
The following is a list of resources that provide general information about the National Disability Insurance Scheme including the report from the Productivity Commission Inquiry into Disability Care and support in Australia that was the catalyst for the establishment of the scheme, the legislation, the rules pertaining to the NDIS and the operational guidelines that articulate how it will work in practice. In addition, generic information about the timeframe for the implementation of the scheme and the content of the bi-lateral agreements can be found here.
Commonwealth Law/Parliament of Australia
- Legislation to establish a National Disability Insurance Scheme The National Disability Insurance Scheme Act 2013
Council of Australian Governments and the National Disability Insurance Agency
- Intergovernmental Agreement on the National Disability Insurance Scheme Launch
- Bi-lateral Agreements outlining details of how the scheme will be implemented and what programs are in scope
Council of Australian Governments
National Disability Insurance Agency
- The NDIS Rules (overview)
- The Operational Guidelines for the NDIS
- A history of the NDIS from the Productivity Commission Inquiry to the launch
- Fact sheet about the NDIS
- My pathway, my choices, my goals, information booklet for participants
- Information about the time-frame for implementation and transitional arrangements to the full scheme
- Information about connections with mainstream service systems
- Where and when is the NDIS available?
- Videos, stories, cameos and quotes
- Governance arrangements for the NDIS: An overview
- Funding commitments made by the Australian Government from 2013/14 to 2018/19
NDIS Quarterly Reports
The NDIA has created a new page on its website where people who are interested can download Quarterly Reports about the progress of the implementation of the NDIS in the launch-sites.
The quarterly reports provide the COAG Disability Reform Council with information (including statistics) about participants in each jurisdiction and the funding or provision of supports by the NDIA in each jurisdiction.
NDIS Upcoming Events and News Page
The NDIS website includes a page with details of upcoming events providing information about various elements of the scheme including webinars that people with an interest in the NDIS can access.
In addition the NDIS website includes a page with various links to newsletters and other publications released by the agency.