Benefits of membership
As the national peak body representing the mental health sector in Australia, Mental Health Australia advocates on behalf of the wide range of people working to improve the mental health and wellbeing of all Australians. This includes mental health consumers, their carers, families and friends, practitioners, service providers, researchers and policy makers. Our members play a vital role in helping us to fulfil this advocacy role and ensure their voice is heard in the development of key national reform priorities.
Along with the ability to contribute to the national debate on mental health, Mental Health Australia members enjoy a range of additional benefits that include:
- Participate in Working Groups
- Contribute to Submissions and Policy Papers
- Collaborate with other key sector organisations at the twice yearly Members Policy Forum
- Voting rights at the Annual General Meeting (voting members only)
- Ability to nominate for a position on the Board (voting members only)
- Stay up to date with a weekly media monitoring service
- Receive the weekly CEO Update Newsletter
- Contribute your news to the Perspectives bi-monthly newsletter
- Member ticket prices to Mental Health Australia events
Your membership will help us to achieve our vision of mentally healthy people, mentally healthy communities.