Submission on the National Disability Insurance Scheme Quality and Safeguarding Framework
Mental Health Australia welcomes the development of a comprehensive framework to ensure that NDIS participants, their families and carers have access to safe and high quality services. In this submission, Mental Health Australia recommends that:
- The NDIA establish structures and arrangements to facilitate supported decision-making and the development of formal and informal support networks, with explicit reference to NDIS participants that face barriers to exercising choice and control.
- The NDIA works with service providers to deliver best practice supported decision-making, such as through a nationally agreed supported decision-making protocol that is explicitly incorporated into the NDIS Act and/or NDIS Rules.
- The NDIA deliver supports through the Information, Linkages and Capacity Building (ILC) stream which effectively build individual capacity and deliver accessible information to actual and potential NDIS participants with psychosocial disability, their families and carers.
- Government provide resources for a strong independent advocacy network for mental health consumers and carers, to help ensure that people can call on their natural safeguards wherever possible.
- The National Standards for Mental Health Services be incorporated as part of the service level safeguards for relevant NDIS service providers.
|Mental Health Australia Submission on the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Framework||259.5 KB|