NDIS Capacity Building Project - Project Advisory Group Minutes - 7 February 2014
The 7th of February 2014 minutes of the Mental Health Council of Australia’s NDIS Capacity Building Project – Project Advisory Group - can be found below. The group meets regularly on an on-going basis to provide expert advice to the MHCA about the issues and needs of the mental health sector, including consumers and carers in relation to the NDIS. The group discussed the following key issues at the meeting, including:
- Recent national developments with the NDIS and the work of the MHCA to date on building the capacity of the mental health sector to engage with and participate in the NDIS
- The on-going discussions about reconciling the need to demonstrate that a person’s psychosocial disability is permanent or is likely to be permanent to access the NDIS with the widely accepted paradigm of recovery.
- The pricing of support clusters within the NDIS and its implications for sector diversity, viability and service quality
- The assessment process and the suitability of the assessment tool being used by the NDIA
- The need to describe what good packages of support look like for people with psychosocial disability
- The need to define clinical versus non-clinical supports for clearly for the NDIA; and
- Clarifying where supported accommodation for people with psychosocial disability fits within the NDIS
The group has agreed to continue to meet on an on-going basis and to make the minutes of its meetings publicly available on the MHCA website.
|NDIS Capacity Building Project - Project Advisory Group Minutes_7 February 2014||181.14 KB|